Our body’s detoxification system comprises the digestive and urinary systems, skin, lungs and liver. It is a perfect arrangement in which the organs supplement and complement each other. But there is a limit to how much it can be stretched.
This is what happens: the frontline defense of the intestines is breached due to the large quantities of toxins entering the body. This intake can happen through food, exposure to the environment, drinking water and other points of contact. With the intestines not functioning optimally, it means the liver needs to work more than its capacity.
Eventually, if the level of toxins is not reduced, they start to leak out of the intestinal walls into the bloodstream. This situation can cause diseases like bowel toxaemia (blood poisoning caused by bacterial toxic substances in the blood) and candidiasis (an infection caused by fungi). These diseases are characterised by symptoms like diabetes, chronic constipation, vaginal thrush, loss of libido and increase in blood cholesterol.
Though you may come across many simple remedies, the process of detox treatment needs a holistic approach. A detox product can be of benefit if it is taken as a supplementary treatment and as part of an overall detox program.
Some natural detox treatments include fasting for a whole day. Fasting is a natural process for cleansing the colon of toxic substances. For people who cannot fast, a fruit juice diet can also help in cleansing the colon.
Herbal detox remedies include herbal tablets for liver cleansing. Organic diets in conjunction with herbal treatments help in getting rid of the yeast that cause candidiasis.
A detox treatment involves much more than just consuming a detox product. A lifestyle change is needed in order to rid your body of all the impurities that have been accumulating over the years. It is also appropriate that you continue the detox process to maintain the benefits.
Natural detox remedies include a regulated diet of organic foods. Some of the recommendations for an effective detox treatment would include the following:
* Preservatives - Avoid foods that contain preservatives. A close look at the label can tell you if the food contains any.
* Sugar – Avoid sugar consumption. If you can't avoid it totally, limit it.
* Fresh is best - Certain food items require refrigeration.
* Pure water - Stick to filtered or bottled water.
* Keep your household free of chemical pollutants.
* Learn about organic foods and try to use them as much as possible.
* Exercise - It is one of the best detox remedies as it helps to burn toxins in the body.
* Choose a holistic dentist who will ensure that no mercury amalgam is used.